Bass Derby Rules
Meaford Rod & Gun Club Annual BASS Derby - Kids Derby June 25th 2016
Registration at Mountain Lake only, from 07:00 – 12:00hrs 25 June 16. All participants must be registered prior to 09:00hrs to qualify for a prize and a participation box.
East Gate will be manned from 06:30 to 08:30hrs. After 0830hrs get pass from Range Control on your own.
Members no charge; Guests free Children under 14 are free
Participants must be registered prior to 09:00hrs and any guest payment due also must be paid prior to weigh in of a fish.
Weigh in at Mountain Lake Boat house ONLY. Fish must be weighed in PRIOR to 12:00hrs.
Only Bass will be accepted for weigh in. Pickerel, perch and other species will not.
A fish may only be entered once and will be marked at time of weigh in.
Fish arriving in a state of deterioration will not be accepted for weigh in and will not qualify for any prize.
Catch and release is strongly promoted however if your fish is damaged do not return it to the lake, this will be the fish that you enter so be gentle with your catch. Please use a live well if you can.
***Again this year there will be a prize table for children and a separate table for adults. ***
Heaviest Bass (winner does not qualify for prizes B, C, D);
2nd heaviest Bass (winner does not qualify for prizes A, C, D);
3rd heaviest Bass (winner does not qualify for prizes A, B, D);
Mystery weight (winners do not qualify for prizes A, B, C);
Only one major prize will be awarded in each category. No angler will be awarded more than one major prize.
Draw for all registered participants.
Raffle draws (tickets sold separately - $2.00 ea or 3 for $5.00)
- The Derby will run from 07:00hrs to 12:00hrs Sunday 25 June 16. All participants must abide by the Fishing laws of Ontario and the rules and regulations of LFCATC Meaford. Participants must have in their possession a valid Ontario Fishing permit throughout the duration of the Derby.
- There is a bass possession limit for the duration of this Derby. Each Member will be allowed to sponsor a maximum of two guests, and they must be in the same vessel as the Member. Sponsoring Members are responsible for the conduct and safety of their guests. Kids under 14 years of age, unlimited.
- Catch and release is strongly promoted however if your fish is damaged do not return it to the lake, this will be the fish that you enter so be gentle with your catch. Violation of this rule WILL result in disqualification from the Derby and forfeiture of any prize due as well as other sanctions deemed appropriate by the Club Executive Committee. Honesty is the best policy. Use of BARBLESS hooks and a live well is highly encouraged.
- MINNOWS AND OTHER LIVE BAIT FISH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE LAKE AT ANY TIME.
- The weigh station will close at 12:00hrs sharp; therefore all fish entered must be weighed before 12:00hrs. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Park your vehicle in the parking lot, NOT on the side of the road.
- Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Clubhouse at approx 13:00hrs. Canteen and bar will be open from 11:30 to 15:00hrs.
- Safety is of prime concern. Derby staff will monitor weather conditions and keep participants informed, however it is each participants duty to determine if it is safe or not for them.
- Boats are not to exceed their posted weight limit.
- Derby chairman has the authority to cancel the derby in the event of dangerous weather conditions.
- Mountain Lake is the only authorized area for this Derby.
- In the event of a disagreement with the Derby staff, the dispute will be referred to the Club Fishing Director. Decision of the Director is final.
- Do not litter. Take your refuse with you and deposit it in the bins at the main camp or clubhouse.
- Range Control has the right to cancel this event for any reason. Participants will obey the instructions of the Range Patroller at all times.
- Suggestions on improvements for next year's Derby are graciously invited and should be given to the Club Fishing Director. Compliments are always welcome, complaints are not.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS DERBY IS TO PROMOTE THE SPORT OF FISHING IN A SAFE AND FUN ENVIRONMENT