Salmon Derby Rules
Salmon Derby Aug. 19th - 21st 2016
- YOU MAY FISH OUT OF OWEN SOUND, MEAFORD, OR VAIL'S POINT. If you fish from Owen Sound or Meaford there will be signup sheets at Watson’s Tackle, and at Jeff Brattain’s from Wed. Aug.17th to Friday Aug.19th until noon. If you are not signed up by then, you must come to Vail’s Point to sign up. If you are taking part in the Derby, you must be signed in before weighing a fish in
- You may only have 2 guests and they must be with you in your vessel
- Each guest is $5.00. Kids under the age of 14 are free
- If you are camping at Vail’s Point, signup sheets will be with ? from Thursday until Friday
- Minimum weight is 2 lbs;
- Salmon, Trout of any type will be the only fish weighed in
- THERE IS ONLY ONE WEIGH STATION AND THAT IS AT VAIL'S POINT AT THE PAVILLION. The weight scale will be open from 8 am until 10 pm
- The Derby runs from Friday Aug.19th at 6:00 pm until Sunday Aug 21st at 12:00 noon
- There is a prize for the biggest fish of each day
- HAVE FUN; and PLEASE WATCH FOR THE FISHING NETS. THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE AND THERE ARE NOT MARKED!
- 1ST PLACE SALMON
- 2ND PLACE SALMON
- 3RD PLACE SALMON
- THE LARGEST TROUT.